Accreditation related to the hiring of teaching staff by Canarian Universities
The assessment required for the recruitment of teachers in public universities canary in the terms provided for in Articles 50.51 and 52 of the Organic Law of Universities and the autonomic Decree 140/2002 of October 7, must be performed by the Agency Canarian quality assessment and accreditation University (ACECAU) under the protocol to this effect adopted by its Governing Council.
The convocation of applications for accreditation, prior to the hiring of teaching staff by Canarian universities, is kept open by ACECAU the whole year. Throughout the year, there are three sessions for the assessment applications.
Procedures: general descrption of the assessment process
Procedure: General description of the assessment process
Procedure: On- line (non on-site)
ACECAU established an electronic headquarters called “Virtual Office” to allow our users to process on-line, their Teaching Staff Accreditation.
With this new electronic technology, one will be able to know instantly the process or stage of the application.
Virtual Office Access.
1. Application form:
The application form (attached document II (edition:04) has to be addressed to the director of ACECAU and it must be indicated the contractual modality or modalities we are applying for (collaborator teacher, doctor assistant, hired doctor teacher type 1 and hired doctor teacher type 2).
2. The application should be accompanied by
- A photocopy of the applicant’s identity card.
- Supporting documents of the contractual or administrative link to Canarian universities with the duration of this contract (according to the Organic Law 6/2001, 21 December).
- Curriculum vitae according to the standardized model of the director of ACECAU’s resolution.
- Word document for the curriculum doctor assistant.
- Word document for the curriculum collaborator.
- Word document for the curriculum hired doctor type 1.
- Word document for the curriculum hired doctor type 2.
Document of declaration of responsibility (Edition:04). Declaration of the veracity of the given documents.
The application forms as well as the rest of documents, which can be submitted as an original or a copy previously compared to the original one by those Registers established in the article 38.5 of law30/1992, about the legal regime of Public Administration and the Common Administrative procedures, a copy for each of the contractual figures from whom we want to obtain the assessment.
3. When and where to apply:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Documentation presented for the assessment must be in order and listed according to the cited merits in the Self-assessment memory.
Instructions for the application form
In the different epigraphs which can be seen in the attached documents we can add as many rows as necessary. We have to press ALT INSERT to add a row and ALT SUPP to delete it.
The documents have macros, so you have to enable “macros” in your text editor.
If your computer hasn’t got macros enabled, you have to go to tools, macros, security, and you have to establish a level of security high, medium or low. Afterwards you will have to restart the computer.
3. When and where to apply
Application forms can be submitted during the whole year, except in August.
- Applications must be sent to:
- Registro de Educación. ACECAU Avda. Buenos Aires, 5, planta 5ª, Edif. Tres Mayo. 38071 S/C deTenerife.
- The registers of Canarian Universities
- Other registers regulated by decree 164/1994, 29 July (B.O.C. nº102 de 19.8.94)
Instructions of procedures:
The assessment of merits will follow the procedures established in:
The aspects to be valued in the curriculum of applicants are those related to their academic formation: research activities, teaching experience and formation, professional experience and other aspects which haven’t been previously considered according to the following rules:
1. The committee of experts will assess the application forms for every kind of contract according to the lookup tables shown in protocol.
2. In order to get a positive assessment the applicant must reach a global score equal or superior to 50 points.
For the accreditation as an assistant teacher doctor, or as a hired doctor type1 or type2 it will be necessary to get a minimal of points in the following sections:
Research activity: 1.Publications, patents, expositions, etc and 2.Conferences. IN section 1.2 to section 1.11, 2.1, and 2.2: the minimum total will be 5 points.
Hired Doctor Type 1
Research activity: 1.Publications, conferences, expositions, etc. and 2.Conferences.In sections 1.3 to 1.12, 2.1, 2.2, the minimum total will be 10 points.
Teaching activity: Teaching experience. In sections 2.4 to 2.9 :the total will be at least 12 points.
Hired doctor type 2
Research activity: 1.Publications,conferences,expositions,etc. and 2.Conferences.In sections 1.3 to 1.12,2.1,2.2, the total will be at least 15 points.3.Involvement in research projects and contracts. In sections 3.1 to 3.4, the total will be at least 10 points.
Report of results: